Peggy Olson from Mad Men once said something along the lines of a cocktail must have at least three ingredients – anything less is just a drink.
This is a cocktail. And it is one that really couldn’t be easier to make (yay). It’s literally combine into a vat, pour, and garnish. Get excited for the perfect Halloween/fall party cocktail. This recipe serves about 8-10 (depending on how high you pour the glasses)! Enjoy!
- 4 cups of apple cider, chilled
- 1 1/4 cups of spiced rum (I used Captain Morgan)
- 2-3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 red apple, thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, cut into thick wedges (for garnish)
Combine the ice, apple cider, rum, lemon juice, and thin slices of apple in a large pitcher or punch bowl.
When serving, garnish with an apple wedge.